03 марта 2006

classic German Conclusion

Today marks the end of a very fulfilling stay in Bamberg. I have made some wonderful friends and enjoyed the very quirky teachers of TreffPunkt, and will remember fondly my stay here. Every morning up at 7:45 for an 8:00 breakfast of Nulecta, toast and coffee, followed by my morning walk to school, everyday passingby and Gutenmorganing a beautiful young man with rounded glasses and a long black coat smoking in front of the antique bookstore. Over the oberebrüke, which doubles as the Rathaus, and into the Markt Platz where dogs and people set up fruits, flowers and vegetables in the light and fantastic snow, which has been precipitating all week. Mornings are lovely.

Daytime has been conducted auf Deutsch, of course, and I am better than I was, but now I am super paranoid about my Grammar. I think, though, that is probably a necessary step in becoming comfortable in another language, being uncomfortable. Most days I have been Lunching with folks from school, and occasionally there is an afternoon activity, a tour or a movie or the like. FaschingsDienstag, of course, was this week, and is was a bit tired, like a funeral with candy.

I will head back to Wiesbaden tomorrow by train. Sian (pronounced 'Shaan') from England is flying back to her home from Frankfurt, so we will venture west together and part there. I'm a little sad to have this end, as I usually am, but alas, the trip really just keeps getting better. There were a few moments last week, I admit, that I was not so happy with the course and thought I could do better on my own, but sometimes it isn't IN the course where the learning takes place, but BECAUSE. This is a new lesson...I'll explore it further.

But so, since this is an ending sort of a time, I shall end this post with a classic German conclusion and live sort of happily ever after. The end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiddler said...

I guessed that the cGc was 'the end' but R let me know it was happily ever after... I like that one better because it doesn't sound like it really ends at all if you're happily ever after :) I'm enjoying your posts, and your writing style!

10:44 AM, марта 04, 2006  
Blogger Fiddler said...

Этот комментарий был удален администратором блога.

10:44 AM, марта 04, 2006  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home