26 июня 2006

This one's not that interesting.

Birthday festivities were entertaining this year, but never to be compared with the whiskey, cigars and limericks of last. We held a Greek Syposium of sorts, and you might be interested to know that despite the modern connotations of the word "Symposium," which to me implies an open and lovely gathering with maybe a specific topic in mind, originally it referred to a men's party with lots of drinking, flutegirls, and sex. Ours was somewhere in the middle (or maybe just on the outside of anything), I suppose, for we drank some wine, diluting it with ice cubes in the beginning of the evening, and lessening the dilution as time progressed. We discussed philosophy, but not as diligently as we on the Pinewoods Crew are known for: we actually just gossiped. Also, we played entertaining creative games, and Dan wrote me a contradance, which we tested out. The dance is called "The Colonel," named affectionately for the Great Big Hobart Mixer, which I taught him how to use in the kitchen. We all wore fancy and/or sexy clothes for the occasion, and it was indeed very classy. We took a break (we broke?) midway to venture into the world of the campers, for it was skit night, and there are often entertaining things that go on. Amelia and Emily performed with their Rapper team. Nothing very eventful happened, but that is just fine. We had a lovely time, and enjoyed each others' company, and I am satisfied.

What I am not satisfied about is that I had the flu last week and I am still feeling its repercussions. I sound like a dead duck when I talk, and I have to make sure that I rest a lot, which I wouldn't mind, except that this is International Week, my absolute favorite, and I hate to miss the dancing! So frustrating, but I can deal, yo. However, I don't really like all this "do things in moderation" business. I like extremes, because I am young, and although I can see the reason behind moderation, I must reach end-to-end and full-breadth NOW to fully feel all that I can, and then the moderation will come naturally later, I'm certain of it. So that is that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiddler said...

Ah, but be moderate in the moderation... too much of it is NOT such a good thing!

12:03 PM, июня 26, 2006  
Blogger Fiddler said...

Oh, and just so you know... it's ALL interesting :)

9:51 AM, июня 28, 2006  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home