01 февраля 2008

Derdiedases

I've been taking a Spanish class on Tuesday nights with my housemate Beth. I studied Spanish for a few years in high school, but have since repositioned the second language function in my brain towards German and all its absurd absurdities. Turns out said absurdities are pretty well ingrained in my mind, so although I can see that Spanish is muy muy facile compared to German, I keep putting all my verbs in a pile at the ends of sentences, injecting abers and derdiedases throughout, and otherwise speaking a German-Spanish-English hybrid that only Beth can understand. This will naturally repair itself soon, but will I then still be able to speak German? I would like to be extraperfectfluent in another language in the future, but am I sabbotaging my progress by mixing and matching? Partly, probably, but this way the skeletons and vocabularies have time to sink into my subconscious while I do other things, which I know is elementary to my learning style; allowing the basics time to sink in makes advancing easier in due course. Hey, isn't that the philosophy behind cramming as much info into growing children, so that thinking skills enhance, and there is a foundation on which to build in the future? Si si si si si si si.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiddler said...

las arañas me ponen los pelos de punta. me pongo furioso de sólo pensarlo. las cosas se están poniendo serias. pon que es cierto ¿qué harías entonces?

6:02 PM, февраля 01, 2008  

Отправить комментарий

<< Home